Complaints Policy (Community Radio Codes of Practice 2008 – Code 7)
2HAYFM COMMUNITY RADIO INC COMPLAINTS POLICY
2HayFM Community Radio Inc recognises that legitimate complaints must be acknowledged and
acted upon in a professional manner. The Complaints Policy is to be applied in relation to other
documents informing volunteers and the general public of their rights and responsibilities.
The Complaints Policy adheres to “Community Radio Codes of Practice – Code 7”, which outlines the
legal requirements relating to complaint handling.
The purpose of this policy is to outline the most appropriate way for 2HayFM Community Radio Inc to
respond to complaints and other comments from members of the public. It will enable complaints to be
handled is a professional and timely manner.
1. 2HayFM Community Radio Inc acknowledges the right of our listeners, members
and volunteers to comment and make complaints in writing concerning:
a) alleged non-compliance with both the licence conditions in the Act and the requirements
outlined in the Codes,
b) program content, and
c) the general service provided to the community.
A written complaint or response can be a letter or email.
2. 2HayFM Community Radio Inc will treat all complaints from the public in a serious, polite and
professional manner according to established policy. The Station will not be dismissive of the
3. 2HayFM Community Radio Inc will make every reasonable effort to resolve complaints, except
where a complaint is clearly frivolous, without sufficient grounds or not made in good faith.
4. 2HayFM Community Radio Inc will ensure that:
a) complaints will be conscientiously considered, investigated if necessary and responded to
substantively as soon as possible,
b) complaints will be responded to in writing within 60 days of receipt (as required in the Act, and
the response will include a copy of the Codes,
c) complainants are advised in writing that they have the right to refer their complaint about a
Code matter to ACMA provided they have first:
* formally lodged their complaint with the licensee; received a substantive response from the
licensee and are dissatisfied with this response, or
* did not receive a response from the licensee within 60 days after making the complaint.
5. A responsible officer of the licensee will maintain a record of complaints and responses for a period
of at least two years. These will detail:
1. the date and time the complaint was received,
2. the name and address of the complainant,
3. the substance of the complaint, and
4. the substance and date of the licensee’s response.
6. 2HayFM Community Radio Inc will broadcast at least five on-air announcements each week that
contains information about the Codes and where listeners can get a copy.
You may download the Complaint Form by clicking 2HayFM Complaints Policy and Register
Contact Details of Complainant
Name of person making the complaint: